Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dear Boyfriend...

Dear Boyfriend,

When we met I thought it was very sweet how you mailed me 20 bottles of my favorite body spray they stopped making here. It was extra sweet when speaking of favorite books how I mentioned i had almost all of the collection from my favorite author, and you mailed me the ones I was missing, brand-new in hard cover with a note inside each one. I thought it was really sweet how you moved 4 states to be with me. I was very impressed when we let our daughter's meet and how you took us out to dinner, Chuck-E-Cheese, parks, go-carting, the mall, and bought them everything they desired. I enjoyed the eating dinner out for a week, and the roses. It was nice to have my gas pumped and paid for for like a week or two. The movies were nice, and so were the having my drink in your car for me when you picked me up.
I was flattered that you remembered everything about me, when we used to be friend's 8 years ago. I thought it was sweet how you had a crush on me then, and still do apparently, although I had just broke up with my boyfriend, and hated men and told you to get lost. I enjoyed the every morning Emails, and your daily note of... "You're the most beautiful, smart, and funny woman i know".

8 months later....

I am glad you moved in. Combining a teenager and a new boyfriend is easy shit. I'm also thankful for the two times you've walked out saying you can't do this because of her. I'm also glad i acted like a blubbering idiot and asked you to stay.

I love it when you think I'm still after my ex husband because we speak of my (OUR) daughter. That thrills me.

I love how I was so understanding of your lawsuit from being injured. Now, it's less than two weeks, after the FINAL date last month of the 30 days to settle portion of it. I love how you get mad when i tell you I don't count money i don't have when you speak of the new car you will buy me when this is done.

I'm happy to know that the money you had for those few weeks spoiling us rotten was all you had.

I'm also thrilled that you have a serious addiction to something most of us quit in high school.

I'm happy that you're food stamps of 170 bucks pays for all the groceries here all month. I of course never count the "We're out of this" messages constantly i get.

I'm glad I got an apartment where the landlord takes all utilities off rent if you mow the lawn, trash and stuff. Too bad he's in Florida since I moved, and I am still paying all that. Too bad, I have to ask you or remind you to do those things.

I was thrilled when you told your Mom that you were thinking of "taking a break" from your online college classes. I think it's Okay for you to do nothing all day.

I think it's way fair that I work, clean, and go to school Full time. I am never mad that you don;t do the laundry i despise, or that the dishes are still in the sink from last night even though you've been home all day. I love dishes after work. I love it even more when I have homework and kid's homework.

I love the salt bag I bought and had to announce I was doing it myself today so I didn't bust my ass outside, since it was there for 2 days. I thought maybe the maintenance man was going to salt. I hear they get 300 bux off rent for doing that...

I love watching you cram homework in due at 2 am at midnight. Since you had so much else to do during the day.

I love how you mentioned that after this month you were thinking of a part-time job at the local hardware store. (I'm sure they pay 7/hr). Because you had school and mowing to do come spring. I'm sure I made my point clear when I didnt answer and just looked at you.

I am truly blessed! And to think I was angry because "I was told I was too independent".

Shit is hitting the fan tonight. I think I will need a maid in the morning.

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!

I just am so happy I can't stand myself.

2 comments:

  1. Are you in Tennessee? It sounds an awful lot like my ex. My husband still thinks I am still after my loser ex and I haven't been with him in 19 years. Good luck with the BF.

    ReplyDelete