Thursday, February 12, 2009

Did you ever wanna....QUIT

Okay, so I'm having a moment. Well, maybe a lot of moments lately. Here's the deal, and yep it's going to make me look bad. I'm really not a bad Mom, but, I have my moments. Here's the confession... My kiddo drives me insane. Yep, totally absolutely INSANE. I love her to death but, i don't like her very much. Yep, that's bad huh. How can someone come from ME, be part of ME and act nothing like me. I am NOT absolutely NOT looking forward to the teens. Ashlee is almost 12. 6th grade, Jr. High. She reminds me CONSTANTLY that she's "almost" a teenager.

"Why do I have to go to bed at 8:30, I'm almost a teenager MOM!" (Because you're the worst morning person EVER, and you're 11 hours of sleep is NEEDED for us to not kill each other in the morning).

"Why do you "check" my breath to see if I brushed?" (Because you constantly brush sans toothpaste. Remember the abscess last year? Yep... that's WHY. And WHY would be the big question of why your breath smells like dinner STILL).

"How do you know what homework I have?" (Because I know it ALL. note* Your teacher and I are like BFF now, not because I like to hang out with her or anything though).

'Why Do I have to write sentences for you when I act up?" Because maybe you'll learn. (because you HATE sentences, and it's quiet punishment for me!).

I'm sick of the attitude, the rolling of the eyes, the stomping, arguing, and DRAMA. I hope she's an actress soon... Why else must I endure this crap every day of my life. She is the most dramatic person i know. Last night's conversation...

Her great Grandpa passed away as he never woke-up from surgery. The funeral is Friday. She is missing school Friday to go to the funeral etc a couple hours from here with her Dad. (Dad's family). I wrote a note to get her work she'll miss, and also..(Ashlee is 50 pounds and 3 foot tall. She can't carry all her books. I have most books here as doubles so 1.) she don't carry them. 2.) "I can't do my homework I forgot my book, is VOID now.)
Anyway, she thought I had a Social studies book. (The one I DON'T have) and didn't do her homework worksheet crap. I wrote a note, she can do it tomorrow night (last night). So we get home, gets the homework out.. Ash, Where's your worksheet? "What worksheet?" "The one you had yesterday that NOW I have the book for." " I don't know." (Am I the only one that wishes to THROW this phrase out of every one's vocab?). "Okay, you had it yesterday." "Yes." "And everyone turned those in as it was homework, except you have an awesome Mom who excused you to be late, so you didn't." "Right." ( note... I was asked, "You need to write a note remember like 10 times that morning.") "OK, so where'd it go?" "......." " Did you throw it away?" "No." "Did it jump out of your bag?" "No Mom." "Okay... WHERE IS IT?" "......." " Ashlee, tell me Did you throw it away?" "No." Okay, let me give you a visual. Standing there in front of me shifting foot to foot, not looking at me." LIAR LIAR. "I may have accidentally thrown it away, I cleaned out my bag." "Okay, so I have tests to sign, drawings, homework, papers back, but THAT was thrown away ONLY." "Well, it was due today, and I didn't have it." "I wrote you a note remember, cause you made SURE I did." So, I told her now I have to go IN your school to get a new one. Now I have to look stupid for writing a note that you threw away your extra opportunity. NOW, I'm so mean... I hate her, and I'm just a "kid" I don't know how to act. (This is when i wanted to say a kid? I thought you were a TEEN." So her life is miserable, and she is stressed out because I make her do homework and I check." My favorite part... "Can't you see I'm upset? Do you even care your only child is crying?" And the Oscar tonight goes to Ashlee!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. I'm laughing because I was Ashlee. My mom HATED me in the 6th grade! She said I had a year long virus that turned me into a monster. Consequently, I said I would NEVER teach 6th graders because I know how awful I was then... low and behold- fast forward 12 years and I spend most of my waking day with these brats!! She'll go back to normal, I promise!!

    P.S. Left you some homework on my blog. No, Ashlee can't write you a letter to get you out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I could've written this very post. My son was the same way and I can't blame it on anything but sheer laziness and 12 year old hormones. I wish I could give you some sound advise now that he is an adult, but he is still the same and still driving me insane. I still love him and hate him all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 4 girls.....yes you read that correctly. FOUR. What in the hell am I going to do? My oldest is in 4th grade now and of course knows everything already! I am scared.........

    ReplyDelete