Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog day

What's with groundhog day? Someone drags a hibernating furry animal out of his hole to wake him up in front of a million people to see if he sees his shadow. Now... for one, this does not work. Two, I am not getting out of bed to go see a animal dug out of his home. Here's some ideas of mine which may make some since or none? I don't know but, it's my blog right?

1. I think we should all gather on these "handlers" yard and wake them. Just yell "SORRY just wanted to know the weather!"

2. I think "Phil" should move. Wouldn't that be funny. Dig him up and he's not there.

3. I think "Phil" should bite. I would find it amusing to see these men dressed in their top hats just get viciously attacked by Phil. If I were a groundhog, I'd be ticked off you woke me up. Not only woke me up, but in front of millions of people.

Now... Who are these people who wait in line to see this event? Do you? Please let me know, and while you at it let me know WHY? WHY do you wake-up to disturb a animal? Why is this on your ideas of fun? I really want to know how you come to the conclusion of, I think I'll get up at the crack of dawn to watch a groundhog. When the sun shone through your window this morning did you have a shadow? If so... that should be enough. But, hey maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps there is some deep rooted enjoyment I'm missing. After all, all I got was house duties to do today. I saw the frost on my car windows and the cat hair in the sun beams. Why do i need a groundhog?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you Amy! Thanks for stopping in and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete